If you are able to help, at any time, please consider letting us know what support you can provide, the types of volunteer opportunities that we are very grateful for are:
- Fund raising, organising raising events such as the Open Gardens Day, Barn Dance, quizzes etc.
- Garden Maintenance, including weeding, pruning, mowing, strimming etc. We usually meet on a Saturday from 10 am to 12 noon.
- Care of Museum artefacts involving sewing, repairing, framing, displays etc.
- Cleaning on occasions when the premises require it, particularly in March before opening for the season.
- Building maintenance such as carpentry or woodwork / painting and decorating.
- Staffing Museum and Cottage as a volunteer steward on the duty roster covering the Cottage and Museum openings: two hours on Sunday and Wednesday afternoons during the summer. A committee member will always be on duty at the Museum.
- Catering such as serving refreshments at meetings/events; cooking/baking when providing refreshments; assist with organising/preparing refreshments for events.
- Support with Information technology using computer skills for producing posters, signs, notices, tickets etc.